8 different ways to say Candidate
Other words that mean Candidate
Direct synonyms of Candidate
- candidate - a person who seeks or is nominated for any office or honour
- prospect - to search for mineral deposits
- campaigner - one who campaigns
Words With Similar Meanings To Candidate
- chance - to risk
- view - to look at
- prognosis - a forecasting or forecast, esp. of the course of a disease
- expectation - the act or state of expecting
- nominee - one that is nominated
We found 3 ways to say candidate, and another 5 words that have a similar meaning to candidate. A synonym is a word that has close to or means exactly the same thing as another word. If you're looking for another way to say candidate, using a synonym or related word can help you avoid repeating yourself and add variety to your language.
How else can you say Candidate?
If you want to really widen your vocabulary, exploring each synonym's own related terms can give you plenty of ideas to improve your speech and writing.
Candidate - a person who seeks or is nominated for any office or honourEg: She was a strong candidate for the scholarship due to her excellent academic record.
Prospect - to search for mineral depositsEg: She is a top prospect for the team because of her athletic ability.
Campaigner - one who campaigns
Chance - to riskEg: He's hoping for a chance to speak with the boss.
View - to look atEg: The drone provided a bird's-eye view of the construction site.