13 different ways to say Jaw
Other words that mean Jaw
Words With Similar Meanings To Jaw
- masticate - to chew; to knead mechanically
- manducate - to chew or eat
- jaw - to chatter at length
- chewing - CHEW, to grind with the teeth
- mastication - the act of masticating
- chaw - to chew esp. tobacco
- cud - food brought back to be chewed again
- quid - a cut or wad or something chewable
- plug - to fill a hole with a material
- wad - to form into a pad
- yak - to talk persistently, also YACK
We found 2 ways to say jaw, and another 11 words that have a similar meaning to jaw. A synonym is a word that has close to or means exactly the same thing as another word. If you're looking for another way to say jaw, using a synonym or related word can help you avoid repeating yourself and add variety to your language.
How else can you say Jaw?
If you want to really widen your vocabulary, exploring each synonym's own related terms can give you plenty of ideas to improve your speech and writing.
Chew - to grind with the teethEg: I like to chew on a piece of gum when I'm studying.
Yack - to talk persistently, also YAK
Masticate - to chew; to knead mechanically
Manducate - to chew or eat
Jaw - to chatter at lengthEg: He broke his jaw in a car accident and had to undergo surgery.
Chewing - CHEW, to grind with the teeth
Mastication - the act of masticating
Chaw - to chew esp. tobaccoEg: My grandpa used to chaw tobacco all the time.
Cud - food brought back to be chewed againEg: The cow chewed her cud peacefully in the meadow.
Quid - a cut or wad or something chewableEg: The quid of Brexit is still unresolved.
Plug - to fill a hole with a materialEg: The musician forgot to plug in his guitar before starting the concert.
Wad - to form into a padEg: She wrapped a wad of bubble wrap around the fragile item before packing it in a box.