Abeam Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of abeam. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of abeam. We also have lists of Words that end with abeam, and words that start with abeam.
What is abeam? What does abeam mean?
abeam is generally defined as in a line at right angles to the length of a vessel, on the beam
Abeam is an adverb that describes the position or direction of an object or vessel that is perpendicular to the fore-and-aft line of a ship. It can also refer to something that is situated at a right angle to the centerline of an aircraft.
In nautical terms, abeam means:
- Situated at right angles to the ship's keel, or
- Alongside or abreast of the ship's amidships position.
In aviation terms, abeam means:
- A position where an object or another aircraft is 90 degrees to the left or right of the aircraft's heading.
Examples Using abeam in a sentence
- The ship's position was abeam to the lighthouse.
- The Coast Guard cutter came abeam of our vessel.
- The aircraft passed abeam of the tower.
- The plane flew abeam of the airport before turning left.
- The captain ordered the crew to prepare for a course change when the vessel was abeam of the lighthouse.
- The passengers on the starboard side saw the coast abeam of the ship.
- The pilot reported that the other aircraft was abeam of them.
- The ship passed abeam of the harbor entrance buoy.
- The seagulls flew abeam of the ship.
- The sailor reported that the other ship was abeam of them.
How much does abeam score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing abeam scores 9 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is abeam worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word abeam in Words With Friends, it scores 11 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 33 points.
What's another way to say abeam? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write abeam? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of abeam.
How may anagrams can you make from abeam?
There are 1 anagrams of abeam. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of abeam in total. See all anagrams of abeam
What words can you unscramble using the letters in abeam?
There are 23 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in abeam. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in abeam
What other words can be made from using the letters in abeam?
There are 3346 words that can be made from the letters in abeam. These include :
There are 3346 words that can be made from the letters in abeam. See all words that can be made from the letters in abeam