Afloat Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of afloat. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of afloat. We also have lists of Words that end with afloat, and words that start with afloat.
What is afloat? What does afloat mean?
afloat is usually defined as floating
Afloat is an adjective used to describe something that is floating on water, and is not sinking. It can also be used to describe something that is not grounded or stable, such as a business or a person's financial situation, or someone who is on a boat or ship and is not currently on land.
Examples Using afloat in a sentence
- The boat was afloat on the calm lake.
- The ducks were afloat in the pond, paddling around lazily.
- The business managed to stay afloat during the economic downturn.
- The company was struggling to stay afloat after the loss of its main client.
- The sailor felt more comfortable when the boat was afloat rather than docked.
- The swimmer was afloat in the water, taking a break before continuing the race.
- The logs were afloat on the river, being transported downstream.
- The lifeboat kept the survivors afloat until they were rescued by the coast guard.
- The buoy kept the fishing net afloat, preventing it from sinking to the bottom of the ocean.
- The cruise ship was afloat in the ocean, heading towards its next destination.
How much does afloat score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing afloat scores 9 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is afloat worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word afloat in Words With Friends, it scores 10 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 30 points.
What's another way to say afloat? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write afloat? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of afloat.
How may anagrams can you make from afloat?
There are 0 anagrams of afloat.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in afloat?
There are 37 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in afloat. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in afloat
What other words can be made from using the letters in afloat?
There are 1307 words that can be made from the letters in afloat. These include :
There are 1307 words that can be made from the letters in afloat. See all words that can be made from the letters in afloat