Alarm Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of alarm. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of alarm. We also have lists of Words that end with alarm, and words that start with alarm.
What is alarm? What does alarm mean?
alarm is normally defined as to strike with fear
An alarm is a device that gives a loud warning sound or signal to alert people of danger or an emergency. It can also refer to a feeling of fear or anxiety that something bad might happen.
An alarm can be a physical device that is set to go off at a certain time or when specific conditions are met. Some common types of alarms include:
- Fire alarms, which are triggered by smoke or heat
- Burglar alarms, which are triggered by a break-in or unauthorized entry
- Car alarms, which are triggered by attempts to break into or steal a car
- Medical alarms, which are used to call for help in case of a medical emergency
The word alarm can also be used to describe a feeling of fear or anxiety that something bad might happen. For example:
- She felt a sense of alarm when she heard the news.
- The constant noise from the construction site was causing alarm among the neighbors.
Examples Using alarm in a sentence
- The smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night, waking up the whole family.
- I always set my alarm clock for 6am so I have enough time to get ready for work.
- The car alarm went off when someone tried to break into the car parked on the street.
- The medical alarm that she wore around her neck saved her life when she fell and couldn't get up.
- The alarm on his phone reminded him to take his medication at the same time every day.
- The alarm bells started ringing when they noticed a sudden drop in sales.
- The security guard quickly responded to the burglar alarm that went off in the store.
- The constant sound of the alarm clock made it hard for her to get a good night's sleep.
- The alarm system in the building was not working properly, which made the tenants feel unsafe.
- The news of the impending storm caused a sense of alarm among the residents of the coastal town.
How much does alarm score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing alarm scores 7 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is alarm worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word alarm in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say alarm? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write alarm? In our thesaurus we found there are 5 synonyms of alarm. Some of these are:See all synonyms of alarm
How may anagrams can you make from alarm?
There are 2 anagrams of alarm. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of alarm in total. See all anagrams of alarm
What words can you unscramble using the letters in alarm?
There are 27 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in alarm. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in alarm
What other words can be made from using the letters in alarm?
There are 6803 words that can be made from the letters in alarm. These include :
There are 6803 words that can be made from the letters in alarm. See all words that can be made from the letters in alarm