Ares Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of ares. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of ares. We also have lists of Words that end with ares, and words that start with ares.
What is ares? What does ares mean?
ares is generally defined as ARE, a unit of metric land measure
Ares is a proper noun that refers to the Greek god of war, son of Zeus and Hera. In Greek mythology, Ares was considered to be a violent and bloodthirsty deity who enjoyed the chaos and destruction of war. He was often depicted as a muscular warrior with a helmet and shield, armed with a spear or sword.
Examples Using ares in a sentence
- In Greek mythology, Ares was one of the twelve Olympian gods and goddesses.
- Ares is often associated with violent and brutal warfare, in contrast to Athena who was worshipped for her strategic and tactical skills in battle.
- According to legend, Ares was born in Thrace and was banished from Olympus after he was caught in an affair with Aphrodite, the goddess of love.
- The Romans identified Ares with their own god of war, Mars.
- Ares was often worshipped by soldiers and warriors who sought his favor in battle.
- In some myths, Ares was portrayed as a coward who fled from battle when he was injured or defeated.
- The worship of Ares declined in ancient Greece as the Greeks came to value peace and diplomacy over war and conflict.
- One of the most famous sculptures of Ares is the Ludovisi Ares, which depicts the god in a moment of triumphant anger.
- Ares was also associated with violence and bloodshed in everyday life, as he was believed to be responsible for outbreaks of disease and epidemics.
- The cult of Ares survived in some parts of Greece until the Hellenistic period, when it was gradually replaced by the cults of other deities.
How much does ares score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing ares scores 4 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is ares worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word ares in Words With Friends, it scores 4 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 12 points.
What's another way to say ares? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write ares? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of ares.
How may anagrams can you make from ares?
There are 6 anagrams of ares. These include :
There are 6 anagrams of ares in total. See all anagrams of ares
What words can you unscramble using the letters in ares?
There are 26 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in ares. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in ares
What other words can be made from using the letters in ares?
There are 34770 words that can be made from the letters in ares. These include :
There are 34770 words that can be made from the letters in ares. See all words that can be made from the letters in ares