Dons Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of dons. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of dons. We also have lists of Words that end with dons, and words that start with dons.
What is dons? What does dons mean?
dons is usually defined as DON, to put on
Dons can be used as a verb or a noun. It is commonly used to describe someone who is putting on or wearing clothing or accessories in a showy or ostentatious way. It can also refer to someone who is putting on an air of importance or superiority. Here are some ways that the word "dons" can be used:
- As a verb: to put on or dress oneself in a showy or impressive way
- As a verb: to assume an air of superiority or importance
- As a noun: a university teacher, especially a senior member of a college at Oxford or Cambridge
- As a noun: a Spanish nobleman, especially one who is a member of the lower nobility
Examples Using dons in a sentence
- The actor dons a tuxedo for his red carpet appearance.
- She dons her favorite dress for the party.
- He dons a pair of sunglasses and struts down the street.
- The politician dons a confident smile during the debate.
- The professor dons his academic robes for the graduation ceremony.
- The student dons her cap and gown for the commencement ceremony.
- The knight dons his armor before heading into battle.
- The Spanish dons were known for their fancy dress and flamboyant lifestyle.
- The dons at Oxford and Cambridge are highly respected and influential figures.
- The dons of Spanish society were known for their proud and aristocratic bearing.
How much does dons score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing dons scores 5 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is dons worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word dons in Words With Friends, it scores 6 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 18 points.
What's another way to say dons? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write dons? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of dons.
How may anagrams can you make from dons?
There are 2 anagrams of dons. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of dons in total. See all anagrams of dons
What words can you unscramble using the letters in dons?
There are 18 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in dons. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in dons
What other words can be made from using the letters in dons?
There are 9458 words that can be made from the letters in dons. These include :
There are 9458 words that can be made from the letters in dons. See all words that can be made from the letters in dons