Emesis Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of emesis. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of emesis. We also have lists of Words that end with emesis, and words that start with emesis.
What is emesis? What does emesis mean?
emesis is often defined as (Greek) the act of vomiting
Emesis is a medical term that refers to the act of vomiting or throwing up. It is a reflex action that occurs when the stomach muscles contract and push the contents of the stomach up through the esophagus and out of the mouth. Emesis can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Ingestion of toxic substances
- Food poisoning
- Motion sickness
- Migraine headaches
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and peptic ulcer disease
Examples Using emesis in a sentence
- The patient experienced emesis after ingesting a toxic substance.
- The child suffered from emesis due to food poisoning.
- I always feel nauseous and sometimes experience emesis when traveling by boat.
- The patient's emesis was a symptom of a migraine headache.
- The doctor suspected that the patient's emesis was caused by GERD.
- The food at the restaurant was bad and caused several cases of emesis.
- The expectant mother experienced frequent episodes of emesis during her first trimester.
- The patient's emesis was a sign of a peptic ulcer.
- The medication made me feel sick and caused me to experience emesis.
- The nurse monitored the patient closely for signs of emesis after surgery.
How much does emesis score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing emesis scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is emesis worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word emesis in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say emesis? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write emesis? In our thesaurus we found there are 1 synonyms of emesis.
How may anagrams can you make from emesis?
There are 2 anagrams of emesis. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of emesis in total. See all anagrams of emesis
What words can you unscramble using the letters in emesis?
There are 48 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in emesis. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in emesis
What other words can be made from using the letters in emesis?
There are 18369 words that can be made from the letters in emesis. These include :
There are 18369 words that can be made from the letters in emesis. See all words that can be made from the letters in emesis