Emic Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of emic. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of emic. We also have lists of Words that end with emic, and words that start with emic.
What is emic? What does emic mean?
emic is generally defined as a type of linguistic analysis
Emic refers to the perspective or approach of studying a culture or social group from within its own system of values and meanings. It is the opposite of etic, which refers to the perspective or approach of studying a culture or social group from the outside, using one's own cultural norms and values as a basis for understanding.
Examples Using emic in a sentence
- The anthropologist used an emic approach to study the religious practices of the indigenous tribe.
- In order to understand the customs and traditions of a foreign country, it is important to take an emic perspective.
- The emic perspective allows for a more nuanced understanding of cultural practices and beliefs.
- The researcher adopted an emic approach in order to avoid imposing her own cultural biases onto the study.
- By adopting an emic perspective, the sociologist was able to gain insights into the social dynamics of the community.
- The emic approach is particularly useful in cross-cultural research, as it allows for a more accurate portrayal of the culture being studied.
- In order to conduct an emic study, it is important to immerse oneself in the culture being studied and learn the language.
- The emic perspective can be challenging for researchers who are not familiar with the cultural norms and values of the group being studied.
- The emic approach can help to challenge stereotypes and assumptions about other cultures.
- The emic perspective is an important tool for understanding and respecting cultural diversity.
How much does emic score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing emic scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is emic worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word emic in Words With Friends, it scores 10 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 30 points.
What's another way to say emic? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write emic? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of emic.
How may anagrams can you make from emic?
There are 1 anagrams of emic. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of emic in total. See all anagrams of emic
What words can you unscramble using the letters in emic?
There are 7 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in emic. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in emic
What other words can be made from using the letters in emic?
There are 8781 words that can be made from the letters in emic. These include :
There are 8781 words that can be made from the letters in emic. See all words that can be made from the letters in emic