Eth Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of eth. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of eth. We also have lists of Words that end with eth, and words that start with eth.
What is eth? What does eth mean?
eth is often defined as an Old English letter, also EDH
Eth is a letter in the Latin alphabet that was used in Old English to represent the voiced dental fricative sound /ð/. It has since been replaced by the letter "th" in modern English.
Examples Using eth in a sentence
- The word "bother" was spelled with an "eth" in Old English.
- The character "þ" represents "eth" in the Icelandic language.
- Some modern English words, such as "clothe" and "breathe," still use the "th" sound that was once represented by "eth."
- The Old English poem "Beowulf" features many instances of the "eth" character.
- The "eth" symbol is sometimes used in academic texts to represent the voiced dental fricative, especially when discussing Old English or other languages that use the character.
- The "eth" character was originally derived from the runic alphabet used by Germanic peoples.
- Some fonts have a special "eth" character that can be used in writing Old English or other languages that use the symbol.
- The "eth" sound is similar to the "th" sound in "the" or "them."
- The letter "eth" is also used in some other languages, such as Faroese and Elfdalian.
- If you see the character "ð" in a word, it represents the same sound that "eth" did in Old English.
How much does eth score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing eth scores 6 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is eth worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word eth in Words With Friends, it scores 5 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 15 points.
What's another way to say eth? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write eth? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of eth.
How may anagrams can you make from eth?
There are 2 anagrams of eth. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of eth in total. See all anagrams of eth
What words can you unscramble using the letters in eth?
There are 7 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in eth. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in eth
What other words can be made from using the letters in eth?
There are 19507 words that can be made from the letters in eth. These include :
There are 19507 words that can be made from the letters in eth. See all words that can be made from the letters in eth