Excuse Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of excuse. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of excuse. We also have lists of Words that end with excuse, and words that start with excuse.
What is excuse? What does excuse mean?
excuse is often defined as to free from blame or guilt
An excuse is a reason or explanation given to justify or defend an action or behavior. Excuses are often used to avoid taking responsibility for something, to avoid punishment or to justify why something was not done. Excuses can be genuine or insincere, and they can range from legitimate reasons to outright lies.
Some common meanings and uses of the word "excuse" include:
- To explain or justify why something was not done or why it was done incorrectly
- To ask for forgiveness or understanding for a mistake or wrongdoing
- To provide a reason to avoid doing something or to delay doing it
- To provide an explanation for why someone cannot attend an event or perform a task
- To offer a polite way to decline an invitation or request
Examples Using excuse in a sentence
- I'm sorry I'm late, traffic was terrible, but that's no excuse.
- She always has an excuse for why her work is not done on time.
- He made excuses for his behavior, but it was clear that he was just trying to avoid admitting fault.
- Can you excuse me for a moment? I need to take this call.
- I'm sorry, I can't attend the meeting tomorrow, I have a prior engagement.
- Please excuse my dog, he's not used to being around so many people.
- I know I promised to help you move, but something came up and I won't be able to make it.
- He had no excuse for why he didn't show up to the party, he just didn't feel like going.
- I'm sorry, I can't come to work today, I'm feeling really sick.
- I don't want to make excuses, but I didn't have enough time to finish the project.
How much does excuse score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing excuse scores 15 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is excuse worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word excuse in Words With Friends, it scores 17 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 51 points.
What's another way to say excuse? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write excuse? In our thesaurus we found there are 10 synonyms of excuse. Some of these are:See all synonyms of excuse
How may anagrams can you make from excuse?
There are 0 anagrams of excuse.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in excuse?
There are 20 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in excuse. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in excuse
What other words can be made from using the letters in excuse?
There are 212 words that can be made from the letters in excuse. These include :
There are 212 words that can be made from the letters in excuse. See all words that can be made from the letters in excuse