Exon Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of exon. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of exon. We also have lists of Words that end with exon, and words that start with exon.
What is exon? What does exon mean?
exon is usually defined as within a nucleic acid, a sequence which codes for protein synthesis
An exon is a segment of DNA that codes for a functional protein. Exons are found in eukaryotic cells and are transcribed from DNA to RNA during gene expression.
Examples Using exon in a sentence
- The genetic mutation occurred in the fifth exon of the gene.
- The exon is spliced out during alternative splicing of the pre-mRNA.
- The protein-coding exons make up only a small portion of the total DNA in a gene.
- Mutations in exons can cause genetic disorders and diseases.
- The exon-intron structure of a gene is important for proper gene expression.
- The exonuclease enzyme is responsible for removing nucleotides from the end of DNA strands.
- The sequence of exons in a gene can vary between different individuals and species.
- Some viruses can cause alternative splicing of host cell exons to produce viral proteins.
- The identification of exons in the human genome was a major milestone in genetics research.
- Exon skipping is a potential therapeutic strategy for genetic diseases caused by mutations in specific exons.
How much does exon score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing exon scores 11 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is exon worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word exon in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say exon? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write exon? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of exon.
How may anagrams can you make from exon?
There are 1 anagrams of exon. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of exon in total. See all anagrams of exon
What words can you unscramble using the letters in exon?
There are 13 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in exon. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in exon
What other words can be made from using the letters in exon?
There are 1329 words that can be made from the letters in exon. These include :
There are 1329 words that can be made from the letters in exon. See all words that can be made from the letters in exon