Fens Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of fens. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of fens. We also have lists of Words that end with fens, and words that start with fens.
What is fens? What does fens mean?
fens is often defined as FEN, wet land with alkaline, neutral, or only slightly acid peaty soil
Fens is a plural noun that refers to low-lying wetlands, covered with tall grasses and reeds, and characterized by a high water table. Fens are typically found in coastal areas and can be freshwater or saltwater. Here are some key features of fens:
- They are found in regions with a cool and wet climate
- They are known for their high biodiversity and provide important habitats for many plant and animal species
- Fens are often associated with marshes and swamps, but are distinct in their water chemistry, which is alkaline rather than acidic
Examples Using fens in a sentence
- The fens in the Norfolk Broads are a popular destination for birdwatchers.
- The wildlife in these fens is truly unique, with rare species like the fen orchid and the marsh harrier.
- The fens are an important carbon sink, storing large amounts of carbon in the soil and vegetation.
- The fens can be difficult to navigate due to the high water table and dense vegetation.
- The farmers in this area have had to adapt to the wet conditions of the fens by using special drainage systems.
- The fens provide a valuable source of peat, which is used for fuel and horticulture.
- The fens are home to many prehistoric artifacts, including well-preserved human remains.
- The fens were created by centuries of human activity, including farming and peat cutting.
- The fens have been designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest due to their ecological importance.
- The fens are a unique and beautiful landscape, attracting visitors from around the world.
How much does fens score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing fens scores 7 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is fens worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word fens in Words With Friends, it scores 8 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 24 points.
What's another way to say fens? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write fens? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of fens.
How may anagrams can you make from fens?
There are 1 anagrams of fens. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of fens in total. See all anagrams of fens
What words can you unscramble using the letters in fens?
There are 13 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in fens. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in fens
What other words can be made from using the letters in fens?
There are 4844 words that can be made from the letters in fens. These include :
There are 4844 words that can be made from the letters in fens. See all words that can be made from the letters in fens