Fleam Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of fleam. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of fleam. We also have lists of Words that end with fleam, and words that start with fleam.
What is fleam? What does fleam mean?
fleam is often defined as a lancet for bleeding horses
A fleam is an instrument used for bloodletting. It is a small, sharp, pointed instrument with a curved blade and a handle, often made of metal. Fleams were used in the past to let blood from animals, particularly horses and cattle. The instrument was also used on human patients.
Examples Using fleam in a sentence
- The veterinarian used a fleam to let blood from the cow.
- In medieval times, barbers used fleams to perform bloodletting on their patients.
- The fleam is a historic medical instrument that has been replaced by more modern methods of bloodletting.
- The farmer kept a fleam in his barn to let blood from his horses when they were sick.
- The fleam was often used to treat a variety of ailments, from headaches to fevers.
- The sharp point of the fleam was used to pierce the vein, allowing the blood to flow out.
- The fleam was a common tool in veterinary medicine until the 19th century.
- Some antique fleams are highly collectible and can be worth a lot of money.
- The fleam was often used in conjunction with other medical practices, such as cupping and leeching.
- The use of fleams for bloodletting was largely abandoned after the discovery of germ theory and the development of more effective medical treatments.
How much does fleam score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing fleam scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is fleam worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word fleam in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say fleam? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write fleam? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of fleam.
How may anagrams can you make from fleam?
There are 2 anagrams of fleam. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of fleam in total. See all anagrams of fleam
What words can you unscramble using the letters in fleam?
There are 39 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in fleam. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in fleam
What other words can be made from using the letters in fleam?
There are 609 words that can be made from the letters in fleam. These include :
There are 609 words that can be made from the letters in fleam. See all words that can be made from the letters in fleam