Gens Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of gens. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of gens. We also have lists of Words that end with gens, and words that start with gens.
What is gens? What does gens mean?
gens is often defined as (Latin) in ancient Rome a clan including several families descending from a common ancestor
Gens is a Latin word that refers to a group of people who are related by birth or descent, usually from a common ancestor. This term is often used in anthropology or genealogy to describe different family structures, clans, or tribes. Here are some different meanings of the word gens:
- A group of families that are related through a common ancestor and share the same name
- A community of people who share a common ancestry, culture, or language
- A social unit in ancient Rome that was based on kinship ties and included all those who shared the same nomen (family name)
Examples Using gens in a sentence
- The Abenaki gens was composed of several families that shared a common ancestry and tradition.
- The Iroquois Confederacy was formed by several different tribes or nations, each with its own gens and clan system.
- In ancient Rome, the gens Julia was one of the most important patrician families, which gave rise to several famous leaders and emperors.
- The Navajo people have a complex kinship system that includes different clans and matrilineal descent within each gens.
- The concept of gens was also found in other ancient societies, such as the Greeks, where it was called a genos.
- Some Native American tribes had a matrilineal system where the gens was traced through the mother's line, while others had a patrilineal system based on the father's line.
- The gens Flavia was one of the most prominent families in the Roman Empire, which included several senators and generals.
- The Hopi people have a society that is organized around different kivas, each associated with a particular gens and clan.
- The gens system was an important part of the Roman legal and political system, as it determined one's rights and privileges within the state.
- The gens theory was also used by some 19th century anthropologists to explain the origins and evolution of human societies.
How much does gens score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing gens scores 5 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is gens worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word gens in Words With Friends, it scores 7 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 21 points.
What's another way to say gens? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write gens? In our thesaurus we found there are 1 synonyms of gens.
How may anagrams can you make from gens?
There are 2 anagrams of gens. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of gens in total. See all anagrams of gens
What words can you unscramble using the letters in gens?
There are 12 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in gens. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in gens
What other words can be made from using the letters in gens?
There are 13751 words that can be made from the letters in gens. These include :
There are 13751 words that can be made from the letters in gens. See all words that can be made from the letters in gens