Jibing Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of jibing. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of jibing. We also have lists of Words that end with jibing, and words that start with jibing.
What is jibing? What does jibing mean?
jibing is often defined as JIBE, to jeer, also GIBE
Jibing is a nautical term that refers to the act of changing the sail from one side of the boat to the other when the wind changes direction. It can also refer to verbally taunting or making fun of someone.
- Nautical meaning:
- Jibing is when a sailboat changes direction by turning the stern of the boat through the wind.
- This is done by moving the sail and boom from one side of the boat to the other.
- When jibing, the sail can sometimes create a loud noise as it passes over the boat.
- Informal meaning:
- Jibing can also refer to teasing or mocking someone in a playful manner.
- It is often used in the context of good-natured banter between friends.
Examples Using jibing in a sentence
- The sailors had to jibe the sail quickly as the wind changed direction.
- I love the sound of the sail jibing when we change direction.
- The captain ordered the crew to jibe the main sail.
- We had to jibe the boat several times during the race.
- The sailors were exhausted after jibing the sail for hours.
- His friends were jibing him about his new haircut.
- The comedian kept jibing the audience throughout the show.
- She couldn't help jibing her sister about her messy room.
- The group of friends were constantly jibing each other in a friendly way.
- He was jibing his opponent to try to throw them off their game.
How much does jibing score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing jibing scores 16 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is jibing worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word jibing in Words With Friends, it scores 21 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 63 points.
What's another way to say jibing? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write jibing? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of jibing.
How may anagrams can you make from jibing?
There are 0 anagrams of jibing.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in jibing?
There are 14 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in jibing. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in jibing
What other words can be made from using the letters in jibing?
There are 75 words that can be made from the letters in jibing. These include :
There are 75 words that can be made from the letters in jibing. See all words that can be made from the letters in jibing