Jougs Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of jougs. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of jougs. We also have lists of Words that end with jougs, and words that start with jougs.
What is jougs? What does jougs mean?
jougs is generally defined as (Scots) an old instrument of punishment consisting of a hinged iron collar locked round an offender's neck and attached by a chain to a wall or post
The word "jougs" is a Scottish term that refers to a wooden contraption that was used as a form of punishment or humiliation. It consists of an iron collar that is attached to a chain, which is in turn attached to a wooden post or wall. The collar is designed to fit around a person's neck, and the chain is used to secure them in place. The jougs were typically used in public places, such as town squares or marketplaces, to shame and punish wrongdoers.
Examples Using jougs in a sentence
- The thief was put in the jougs for all to see.
- The jougs were used as a form of punishment for centuries in Scotland.
- The town council decided to install a set of jougs in the town square to deter crime.
- The man was forced to wear the jougs for a week as punishment for stealing.
- The jougs were often used to punish those who had committed minor offenses, such as drunkenness or disorderly conduct.
- The woman was placed in the jougs for speaking out against the king.
- The jougs were a common sight in medieval Scotland.
- The thief's head and hands were locked in the jougs as a warning to others.
- The jougs were used to publicly humiliate wrongdoers and reinforce social order.
- The man was released from the jougs after serving his sentence.
How much does jougs score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing jougs scores 13 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is jougs worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word jougs in Words With Friends, it scores 17 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 51 points.
What's another way to say jougs? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write jougs? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of jougs.
How may anagrams can you make from jougs?
There are 0 anagrams of jougs.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in jougs?
There are 25 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in jougs. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in jougs
What other words can be made from using the letters in jougs?
There are 62 words that can be made from the letters in jougs. These include :
There are 62 words that can be made from the letters in jougs. See all words that can be made from the letters in jougs