Laying Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of laying. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of laying. We also have lists of Words that end with laying, and words that start with laying.
What is laying? What does laying mean?
laying is often defined as the first coat of plaster
Laying is the act of placing or putting something down in a horizontal position. The word can also refer to the process of creating or building something, or of preparing a surface for an activity. It can also be used in a more figurative sense to describe the act of establishing something or setting the groundwork for a future event or action. Some possible meanings of laying include:
- Placing an object horizontally on a surface
- Creating or building something
- Preparing a surface for an activity, such as laying a foundation for a building or laying out a sports field
- Establishing or setting the groundwork for something, such as laying the groundwork for a new policy or laying the foundation for a successful career
Examples Using laying in a sentence
- He was laying bricks to build a new wall.
- She carefully laid the dishes on the table for dinner.
- The workers were laying the foundation for the new building.
- The farmer was laying fertilizer on the field to improve the soil.
- The artist was laying out her canvas and paints to begin her work.
- The coach was laying out the game plan for the upcoming match.
- The teacher was laying the groundwork for the students to understand the complex topic.
- The CEO was laying the foundation for the company's future success.
- The detective was laying a trap to catch the criminal.
- The musician was laying down tracks in the recording studio for her new album.
How much does laying score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing laying scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is laying worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word laying in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say laying? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write laying? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of laying.
How may anagrams can you make from laying?
There are 1 anagrams of laying. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of laying in total. See all anagrams of laying
What words can you unscramble using the letters in laying?
There are 60 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in laying. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in laying
What other words can be made from using the letters in laying?
There are 1151 words that can be made from the letters in laying. These include :
There are 1151 words that can be made from the letters in laying. See all words that can be made from the letters in laying