Lede Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of lede. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of lede. We also have lists of Words that end with lede, and words that start with lede.
What is lede? What does lede mean?
lede is usually defined as the introductory section of a news story
A lede is the introductory sentence or paragraph of a news article or story. The term comes from the misspelling of "lead" which was used in the early days of printing to refer to the strips of lead that were used to separate lines of type. A lede is meant to grab the reader's attention and provide a summary or "hook" for the rest of the article.
Examples Using lede in a sentence
- The lede of the news article was so compelling that I had to keep reading.
- The journalist spent hours crafting the perfect lede for his story.
- The lede should provide a clear and concise summary of the article.
- The editor suggested changing the lede to make it more attention-grabbing.
- A good lede can make all the difference in getting readers to engage with a story.
- The lede of the breaking news article was updated several times as more information became available.
- Many journalists believe that the lede is the most important part of a news story.
- The lede should answer the "5 W's" (who, what, when, where, why) of the article.
- The lede of the feature article was written in a more creative and narrative style.
- The lede of the investigative report set the tone for the rest of the piece, which was filled with shocking revelations.
How much does lede score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing lede scores 5 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is lede worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word lede in Words With Friends, it scores 6 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 18 points.
What's another way to say lede? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write lede? In our thesaurus we found there are 1 synonyms of lede.
How may anagrams can you make from lede?
There are 2 anagrams of lede. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of lede in total. See all anagrams of lede
What words can you unscramble using the letters in lede?
There are 13 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in lede. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in lede
What other words can be made from using the letters in lede?
There are 20903 words that can be made from the letters in lede. These include :
There are 20903 words that can be made from the letters in lede. See all words that can be made from the letters in lede