Lire Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of lire. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of lire. We also have lists of Words that end with lire, and words that start with lire.
What is lire? What does lire mean?
lire is normally defined as LIRA, (Italian) an Italian unit of currency
Lire is a French verb that means "to read". It is an irregular verb, and its conjugation varies depending on the tense and the subject.
In addition to its primary meaning of reading, "lire" can also be used in a few other ways:
- To skim-read or peruse a text quickly
- To interpret or decipher a text, such as an ancient script or a difficult code
- To gauge or assess someone's emotions or thoughts through their body language or facial expressions
Examples Using lire in a sentence
- Je vais lire un livre ce soir. (I am going to read a book tonight.)
- Elle a rapidement lu le journal pour trouver les nouvelles importantes. (She quickly skimmed the newspaper to find the important news.)
- Les archéologues sont en train de lire les hiéroglyphes égyptiens pour comprendre leur signification. (The archaeologists are deciphering the Egyptian hieroglyphs to understand their meaning.)
- Il a appris à lire les émotions de son chien en observant sa queue et ses oreilles. (He learned to gauge his dog's emotions by observing his tail and ears.)
- J'ai lu un livre passionnant hier soir et je n'ai pas pu m'arrêter avant de l'avoir fini. (I read an exciting book last night and couldn't stop until I finished it.)
- Elle a lu les termes et conditions du contrat avant de signer. (She read the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.)
- Le professeur a demandé aux élèves de lire un passage du roman à haute voix. (The teacher asked the students to read a passage from the novel out loud.)
- Il a été capable de lire les intentions de son adversaire à travers ses mouvements de corps. (He was able to read his opponent's intentions through his body movements.)
- Elle a lu un poème touchant lors de la cérémonie de mariage de son ami. (She read a touching poem at her friend's wedding ceremony.)
- Les enfants apprennent à lire à l'école primaire pour pouvoir comprendre les textes et les instructions. (Children learn to read in primary school so they can understand texts and instructions.)
How much does lire score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing lire scores 4 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is lire worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word lire in Words With Friends, it scores 5 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 15 points.
What's another way to say lire? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write lire? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of lire.
How may anagrams can you make from lire?
There are 4 anagrams of lire. These include :
There are 4 anagrams of lire in total. See all anagrams of lire
What words can you unscramble using the letters in lire?
There are 13 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in lire. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in lire
What other words can be made from using the letters in lire?
There are 21911 words that can be made from the letters in lire. These include :
There are 21911 words that can be made from the letters in lire. See all words that can be made from the letters in lire