Malate Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of malate. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of malate. We also have lists of Words that end with malate, and words that start with malate.
What is malate? What does malate mean?
malate is often defined as a salt of malic acid, also MALEATE
Malate is a chemical compound that plays a crucial role in various biological processes, particularly in the metabolism of sugars and carbohydrates in living organisms. It is an organic salt of malic acid, a dicarboxylic acid that is found in many fruits, including apples and grapes. Malate is also used as a food additive and dietary supplement, and is available in various forms, including magnesium malate, calcium malate, and potassium malate.
Some of the different ways malate can be used include:
- As an intermediate in the Krebs cycle, which is a series of chemical reactions that occur in the mitochondria of cells and is responsible for producing energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- As a source of carbon dioxide in photosynthesis, which is the process by which plants and some bacteria convert light energy into chemical energy.
- As a flavor enhancer and acidulant in food and beverages, particularly in sour candies, soft drinks, and sports drinks.
- As a nutritional supplement for athletes and bodybuilders, to improve endurance and reduce muscle fatigue.
- As a chelating agent, to bind with and remove toxic metals from the body.
- As a treatment for fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and other conditions that cause muscle pain and weakness.
Examples Using malate in a sentence
- Malate is an important intermediate in the Krebs cycle, which produces energy from glucose and other sugars.
- Photosynthetic organisms use malate as a source of carbon dioxide in the Calvin cycle.
- Malic acid and its salts, including malate, are commonly used in the food industry as flavor enhancers and acidulants.
- Magnesium malate is a popular dietary supplement for athletes and bodybuilders, as it is believed to improve endurance and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Calcium malate is used as a chelating agent to remove toxic metals from the body.
- Potassium malate is added to some sports drinks to improve hydration and reduce muscle cramping.
- Some studies suggest that malate supplements may help alleviate the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome patients may also benefit from malate supplementation, according to some research.
- The malate-aspartate shuttle is a biochemical pathway that transports electrons across the mitochondrial membrane during cellular respiration.
- Malate dehydrogenase is an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of malate to oxaloacetate in the Krebs cycle.
How much does malate score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing malate scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is malate worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word malate in Words With Friends, it scores 10 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 30 points.
What's another way to say malate? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write malate? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of malate.
How may anagrams can you make from malate?
There are 2 anagrams of malate. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of malate in total. See all anagrams of malate
What words can you unscramble using the letters in malate?
There are 75 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in malate. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in malate
What other words can be made from using the letters in malate?
There are 5140 words that can be made from the letters in malate. These include :
There are 5140 words that can be made from the letters in malate. See all words that can be made from the letters in malate