Metis Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of metis. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of metis. We also have lists of Words that end with metis, and words that start with metis.
What is metis? What does metis mean?
metis is generally defined as (French) the (male) offspring of a white person and an American Indian
Metis is a term used to describe people of mixed European and Indigenous North American ancestry. The term is derived from the French word for "mixed" and has been used historically to describe people of mixed European and Indigenous ancestry in Canada and the United States.
Metis is also the name of a goddess in Greek mythology who was the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys. She was known for her wisdom and cunning, and was often associated with wisdom, craftiness, and cunning.
Examples Using metis in a sentence
- My grandfather was Metis, with both Indigenous and French Canadian ancestry.
- The Metis people of Canada have a unique culture and history.
- The Metis flag features a blue background with a white infinity symbol, representing the mixing of two cultures.
- The Metis Nation of Alberta is a governing body representing Metis people in the province of Alberta.
- Metis artist Christi Belcourt is known for her intricate beadwork and paintings inspired by nature.
- The Metis sash is a traditional symbol of Metis culture and identity.
- The Metis people played a significant role in the fur trade in Canada during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The Metis language, Michif, is a unique blend of French and Indigenous languages.
- The Metis National Council represents the Metis people in Canada on a national level.
- The Metis people have a rich cultural heritage that includes traditional music, dance, and storytelling.
How much does metis score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing metis scores 7 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is metis worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word metis in Words With Friends, it scores 8 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 24 points.
What's another way to say metis? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write metis? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of metis.
How may anagrams can you make from metis?
There are 6 anagrams of metis. These include :
There are 6 anagrams of metis in total. See all anagrams of metis
What words can you unscramble using the letters in metis?
There are 47 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in metis. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in metis
What other words can be made from using the letters in metis?
There are 9985 words that can be made from the letters in metis. These include :
There are 9985 words that can be made from the letters in metis. See all words that can be made from the letters in metis