Monody Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of monody. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of monody. We also have lists of Words that end with monody, and words that start with monody.
What is monody? What does monody mean?
monody is usually defined as an elegy performed by one person
A monody is a type of poem or song that is a lamentation for a person’s death or a poem/song that is written in honor of a deceased person. It is a form of solo song with instrumental accompaniment that originated in the early 17th century. Here are a few different ways the term 'monody' is used:
- A solo vocal style that emerged in the Baroque period and is characterized by a single melodic line with instrumental accompaniment.
- A poem or song written in honor of a deceased person that expresses grief or sorrow.
- A speech or piece of writing that is a eulogy for a deceased person.
Examples Using monody in a sentence
- The actress delivered a moving monody at her friend’s funeral.
- The song was a beautiful monody in honor of the late singer.
- The poet wrote a heartfelt monody for her father who passed away last year.
- The priest delivered a monody during the funeral service.
- The composer wrote a monody to express his grief after his mother’s death.
- The audience was moved to tears by the singer’s monody.
- The playwright incorporated a monody into her play as a tribute to a deceased character.
- The musician performed a stunning monody at the concert.
- The poet composed a monody to commemorate the victims of the war.
- The actor recited a monody in the film as a tribute to his character’s deceased spouse.
How much does monody score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing monody scores 12 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is monody worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word monody in Words With Friends, it scores 13 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 39 points.
What's another way to say monody? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write monody? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of monody.
How may anagrams can you make from monody?
There are 0 anagrams of monody.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in monody?
There are 44 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in monody. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in monody
What other words can be made from using the letters in monody?
There are 446 words that can be made from the letters in monody. These include :
There are 446 words that can be made from the letters in monody. See all words that can be made from the letters in monody