Mummia Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of mummia. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of mummia. We also have lists of Words that end with mummia, and words that start with mummia.
What is mummia? What does mummia mean?
mummia is usually defined as (Latin) mummy as a drug or source of pigment
Mummia is a substance used in traditional medicine that is obtained from the corpse of ancient Egyptian mummies. It was believed to have medicinal properties and was used as a cure-all remedy in Europe from the Middle Ages until the 18th century. Mummia is also used as a pigment in painting and dyeing.
Examples Using mummia in a sentence
- The ancient Egyptians believed that their pharaohs would be resurrected in the afterlife, so they preserved their bodies with mummia.
- In the Middle Ages, mummia was believed to possess magical and curative powers, and was used as a treatment for various ailments.
- The Renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci is said to have used mummia as a pigment in his paintings.
- The use of mummia as a medicine declined in the 18th century, as people began to question its efficacy and ethical implications.
- Mummia has been found to contain various minerals and organic compounds, which may explain its purported medicinal properties.
- The British Museum has a collection of mummia samples, which are used by researchers to study ancient Egyptian embalming techniques.
- Some modern practitioners of traditional medicine still use mummia in their remedies, despite its controversial history.
- The use of mummia in art has declined in modern times, as more reliable and ethical sources of pigments have become available.
- The word "mummia" is derived from the Arabic word "mumiya", which means "embalmed body".
- The trade in mummia was a lucrative business for European merchants in the Middle Ages, who imported it from Egypt and sold it at high prices to apothecaries and physicians.
How much does mummia score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing mummia scores 12 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is mummia worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word mummia in Words With Friends, it scores 16 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 48 points.
What's another way to say mummia? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write mummia? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of mummia.
How may anagrams can you make from mummia?
There are 0 anagrams of mummia.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in mummia?
There are 22 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in mummia. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in mummia
What other words can be made from using the letters in mummia?
There are 4886 words that can be made from the letters in mummia. These include :
There are 4886 words that can be made from the letters in mummia. See all words that can be made from the letters in mummia