Numina Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of numina. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of numina. We also have lists of Words that end with numina, and words that start with numina.
What is numina? What does numina mean?
numina is usually defined as NUMEN, (Latin) a local or presiding divinity; a god in human form
In ancient Roman religion, numina were the spirits or divine forces presiding over natural phenomena and objects. They were believed to inhabit everything in the natural world, from trees and stones to rivers and mountains. Numina were considered to be powerful and unpredictable and were often appeased with offerings and sacrifices.
Examples Using numina in a sentence
- The ancient Romans believed that every tree and every stream had its own numina.
- The numina of the forest were feared by many, as they were known to be capricious and unpredictable.
- The farmers made offerings to the numina of the fields to ensure a good harvest.
- The numina of the rivers were said to be particularly powerful and were sometimes worshipped as gods.
- The Romans believed that the numina of the household protected the family from harm.
- The priests of the Roman religion were responsible for communicating with the numina and interpreting their will.
- The numina were often associated with specific rituals and ceremonies, such as the Vestal Virgins' ritual of keeping the sacred fire burning in the temple of Vesta.
- The cult of Cybele, which was introduced to Rome from Asia Minor, worshipped the Great Mother and her consort Attis as numina.
- The numina of the underworld were particularly feared, as they were believed to control the fates of the dead.
- The belief in numina persisted in various forms in Roman religion even after the introduction of Christianity.
How much does numina score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing numina scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is numina worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word numina in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say numina? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write numina? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of numina.
How may anagrams can you make from numina?
There are 0 anagrams of numina.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in numina?
There are 37 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in numina. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in numina
What other words can be made from using the letters in numina?
There are 3006 words that can be made from the letters in numina. These include :
There are 3006 words that can be made from the letters in numina. See all words that can be made from the letters in numina