Nym Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of nym. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of nym. We also have lists of Words that end with nym, and words that start with nym.
What is nym? What does nym mean?
nym is normally defined as as in nym war, a dispute about the right to publish material on the internet under a fictitious name
A nym is a word or a morpheme that can be used to form a new word. It usually functions as a prefix or suffix and can alter the meaning of the word it is attached to. There are several types of nyms:
- Antonyms: Words that have opposite meanings such as hot and cold, light and dark.
- Homonyms: Words that have the same spelling and pronunciation but different meanings such as bank (a financial institution) and bank (the edge of a river).
- Synonyms: Words that have the same or similar meanings such as big and large, happy and joyful.
- Pseudonyms: A false name or alias used by an author or other person for anonymity or deception.
Examples Using nym in a sentence
- The prefix "un-" is a nym that can be used to create antonyms, such as unhappy or unkind.
- "Wind" can be a homonym with multiple meanings, such as the movement of air or the act of winding a clock.
- "Beautiful" and "gorgeous" are synonyms that can be used interchangeably in some contexts.
- The author used a pseudonym to publish their controversial book without fear of retaliation.
- "Post-" is a nym that can be used to create new words, such as postgraduate or postmodern.
- "Hetero-" is a nym that means different or other and can be used to create words such as heterosexual or heterogeneous.
- "Bio-" is a nym that means life and can be used to create words such as biology or biography.
- "Anti-" is a nym that means against or opposite and can be used to create words such as antifreeze or antibiotic.
- "Hyper-" is a nym that means excessive or beyond and can be used to create words such as hyperactive or hypersensitive.
- "Non-" is a nym that means not or opposite and can be used to create words such as nonfiction or nonviolent.
How much does nym score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing nym scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is nym worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word nym in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say nym? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write nym? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of nym.
How may anagrams can you make from nym?
There are 0 anagrams of nym.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in nym?
There are 3 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in nym. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in nym
What other words can be made from using the letters in nym?
There are 3993 words that can be made from the letters in nym. These include :
There are 3993 words that can be made from the letters in nym. See all words that can be made from the letters in nym