Orf Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of orf. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of orf. We also have lists of Words that end with orf, and words that start with orf.
What is orf? What does orf mean?
orf is often defined as a viral infection of sheep
Orf is a contagious viral disease affecting sheep and goats, characterized by the development of pustular lesions, typically around the mouth and nostrils. The virus is part of the parapoxvirus genus, which also includes the virus that causes contagious pustular dermatitis (also known as milker's nodule) in humans. Here are some key points to further understand the meaning of 'orf':
- The virus causing orf is highly contagious and can easily spread among sheep or goats.
- The disease is usually not fatal, but it can cause significant economic losses in affected farms due to reduced weight gain, decreased wool quality, and reduced milk production.
- Humans can also contract orf, usually by coming into contact with infected animals, but the disease is usually mild and self-limiting in healthy individuals.
Examples Using orf in a sentence
- The sheep farm had to implement a strict quarantine protocol to prevent the spread of orf among the flock.
- The vet recommended vaccinating the goats against orf to minimize the risk of infection.
- The farmer noticed the first signs of orf on one of the lambs, and immediately isolated it from the rest of the herd.
- The orf lesions around the sheep's mouth made it difficult for it to eat, leading to weight loss and malnutrition.
- The orf virus can survive for several weeks on contaminated surfaces, making it important to disinfect equipment and facilities regularly.
- The shepherd wore gloves and a face mask when handling the orf-infected sheep to avoid contracting the disease.
- The farmer had to cull several sheep with severe orf lesions to prevent the spread of the disease to other animals.
- The veterinary clinic treated several goats with orf using antibiotics and topical creams to prevent secondary infections.
- The orf outbreak caused significant financial losses for the farm, as many sheep had to be culled or sold at a reduced price.
- The farm workers had to follow strict biosecurity measures to avoid introducing orf or other diseases into the herd, such as changing clothes and footwear before entering the barn.
How much does orf score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing orf scores 6 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is orf worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word orf in Words With Friends, it scores 6 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 18 points.
What's another way to say orf? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write orf? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of orf.
How may anagrams can you make from orf?
There are 2 anagrams of orf. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of orf in total. See all anagrams of orf
What words can you unscramble using the letters in orf?
There are 5 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in orf. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in orf
What other words can be made from using the letters in orf?
There are 7297 words that can be made from the letters in orf. These include :
There are 7297 words that can be made from the letters in orf. See all words that can be made from the letters in orf