Palpus Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of palpus. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of palpus. We also have lists of Words that end with palpus, and words that start with palpus.
What is palpus? What does palpus mean?
palpus is usually defined as (Latin) a sense organ attached to mouthparts of certain insects and crustacea, also PALP
Palpus refers to one of the second pair of appendages that are attached to the head of an arachnid or crustacean which are used to manipulate food, sense the environment, or for reproduction. It is a sensory organ that is segmented and consists of several parts such as coxa, trochanter, femur, patella, tibia, tarsus and claw.
Examples Using palpus in a sentence
- The spider used its palpus to taste the prey before catching it.
- The crab's palpus was used to transfer food from the ground to its mouth.
- The palpus of the scorpion was used to touch and feel the environment.
- The shrimp's palpus helped it in detecting the presence of predators.
- The arachnid used its palpus to mate with the female.
- The lobster used its palpus to pick up small food items.
- The palpus of the crayfish was used to locate food items in murky waters.
- The horseshoe crab used its palpus to sense the presence of danger.
- The palpus of the krill helped it in swimming and foraging for food.
- The assassin bug used its palpus to hold the prey while piercing its body to suck the fluids.
How much does palpus score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing palpus scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is palpus worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word palpus in Words With Friends, it scores 14 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 42 points.
What's another way to say palpus? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write palpus? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of palpus.
How may anagrams can you make from palpus?
There are 0 anagrams of palpus.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in palpus?
There are 54 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in palpus. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in palpus
What other words can be made from using the letters in palpus?
There are 2213 words that can be made from the letters in palpus. These include :
There are 2213 words that can be made from the letters in palpus. See all words that can be made from the letters in palpus