Pardah Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of pardah. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of pardah. We also have lists of Words that end with pardah, and words that start with pardah.
What is pardah? What does pardah mean?
pardah is generally defined as (Urdu) the seclusion of women from public observation among Muslims and some Hindus, also PURDA, PURDAH
Pardah or purdah is a practice of seclusion or segregation that is traditionally associated with Muslim communities. In general, pardah refers to physical separation or segregation of men and women in public spaces and situations. Pardah can also refer to a veil or curtain that is used to cover or conceal something.
Here are some different meanings and ways the word "pardah" can be used:
- Pardah as a practice of segregation or seclusion:
- Pardah is a traditional practice in many Muslim communities, where women and men are separated in public spaces and situations.
- Pardah is a way of creating privacy and modesty for women, and is often seen as a way of protecting them from unwanted attention or harassment.
- The practice of pardah can vary depending on the culture and community, and can range from complete seclusion to more moderate forms of separation.
- Pardah as a veil or curtain:
- In some contexts, pardah can refer to a veil or curtain that is used to cover or conceal something.
- For example, in some Indian and Pakistani households, pardah can refer to a curtain that separates the men's and women's areas of the house.
- Pardah can also refer to the veil that is worn by some Muslim women to cover their face and body.
Examples Using pardah in a sentence
- The women in the community observe pardah and are not allowed to interact with men who are not members of their family.
- The pardah system has been criticized for perpetuating gender segregation and limiting women's opportunities.
- The bride was hidden behind a pardah during the wedding ceremony, in keeping with tradition.
- The pardah in the mosque was drawn aside to reveal the beautiful mosaics on the walls.
- The pardah system can be seen as a way of protecting women from unwanted attention and harassment.
- The women's section of the mosque was separated from the men's section by a pardah.
- The pardah in the palace was made of gold and silk and was considered a work of art.
- The practice of pardah is becoming less common in some Muslim communities as women seek greater freedom and equality.
- The pardah was drawn aside to reveal the stunning view of the mountains beyond.
- The use of pardah in public spaces has been controversial, with some arguing that it reinforces gender stereotypes and inequality.
How much does pardah score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing pardah scores 12 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is pardah worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word pardah in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say pardah? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write pardah? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of pardah.
How may anagrams can you make from pardah?
There are 0 anagrams of pardah.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in pardah?
There are 29 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in pardah. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in pardah
What other words can be made from using the letters in pardah?
There are 1013 words that can be made from the letters in pardah. These include :
There are 1013 words that can be made from the letters in pardah. See all words that can be made from the letters in pardah