Puff Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of puff. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of puff. We also have lists of Words that end with puff, and words that start with puff.
What is puff? What does puff mean?
puff is generally defined as to blow in short gusts
Puff can be used as both a noun and a verb. Here are the different ways the word "puff" can be used:
- As a verb, it means to emit or blow out small gusts or clouds of air, smoke, or vapor.
- To take a quick drag or two on a cigarette, pipe, or cigar and exhale the smoke.
- To swell or bulge out in a spherical shape.
- To breathe heavily or gasp for breath after physical exertion.
- In cooking, to cause a food to rise by incorporating air into it.
As a noun, it can mean:
- A short, explosive burst of breath, air, or smoke.
- A light pastry shell filled with cream, fruit, or other sweet or savory ingredients.
- A fluffy mass of material, such as feathers or cotton or smoke.
Examples Using puff in a sentence
- He puffed on his cigarette and looked out the window.
- The steam puffed from the kettle on the stove.
- The man puffed out his chest and strutted around the room.
- After running up the stairs, she was puffing and gasping for breath.
- The baker puffed the pastry dough before baking.
- She took a puff of her inhaler to help with her asthma.
- The train puffed along the tracks, its whistle blowing loudly.
- I ordered a cream puff for dessert at the restaurant.
- The magician made the rabbit disappear in a puff of smoke.
- The bird puffed out its feathers to keep warm in the winter cold.
How much does puff score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing puff scores 12 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is puff worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word puff in Words With Friends, it scores 14 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 42 points.
What's another way to say puff? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write puff? In our thesaurus we found there are 12 synonyms of puff. Some of these are:See all synonyms of puff
How may anagrams can you make from puff?
There are 0 anagrams of puff.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in puff?
There are 2 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in puff. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in puff
What other words can be made from using the letters in puff?
There are 908 words that can be made from the letters in puff. These include :
There are 908 words that can be made from the letters in puff. See all words that can be made from the letters in puff