Quipus Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of quipus. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of quipus. We also have lists of Words that end with quipus, and words that start with quipus.
What is quipus? What does quipus mean?
quipus is generally defined as QUIPU, (Quechua) a device of knotted cords, used by Incas of Peru to calculate or order information, also QUIPO, QUIPPU
Quipus (also known as khipus or talking knots) are a method of recording information that was used by the Inca Empire and other ancient Andean cultures. They consist of a series of knots tied on a string or cord, with different knots and colors representing different types of information. Quipus were used for a variety of purposes, including keeping records of taxes and tribute, tracking population and agricultural production, and recording historical events.
Examples Using quipus in a sentence
- The Inca Empire used quipus to keep track of the amount of taxes and tribute paid by each community.
- Some quipus were used to record census data, including the number of people in each household and their occupations.
- Quipus were also used to keep track of agricultural production, including the amount of crops harvested and the number of livestock owned.
- In addition to numbers, quipus also used knots to represent names, places, and other information.
- Quipus were sometimes used to record historical events, such as battles and conquests.
- The use of quipus declined after the Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire, as the Spanish imposed their own writing system and destroyed many existing quipus.
- Some scholars have attempted to decipher the information contained in quipus, but much of their meaning remains unknown.
- Quipus are still used by some communities in the Andes today, particularly in Peru and Bolivia.
- The study of quipus is known as khipuology, and has become an important field of research in recent years.
- The complexity of quipus suggests that Andean cultures had a highly developed system of mathematics and record-keeping.
How much does quipus score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing quipus scores 17 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is quipus worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word quipus in Words With Friends, it scores 20 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 60 points.
What's another way to say quipus? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write quipus? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of quipus.
How may anagrams can you make from quipus?
There are 0 anagrams of quipus.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in quipus?
There are 20 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in quipus. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in quipus
What other words can be made from using the letters in quipus?
There are 159 words that can be made from the letters in quipus. These include :
There are 159 words that can be made from the letters in quipus. See all words that can be made from the letters in quipus