Rebut Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of rebut. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of rebut. We also have lists of Words that end with rebut, and words that start with rebut.
What is rebut? What does rebut mean?
rebut is normally defined as to prove to be false or erroneous
To rebut means to argue against or contradict something. It's a way of showing that a claim or argument is not true or valid. Some common synonyms for rebut include dispute, challenge, and contradict.
Rebut can be used in different ways, such as:
- To prove that an argument or statement is false by presenting evidence or giving reasons why it's not true.
- To respond to an accusation or criticism with a counterargument or explanation.
- To contradict someone's opinion or belief with facts or logic.
Examples Using rebut in a sentence
- The defense lawyer attempted to rebut the prosecution's claims by presenting new evidence.
- The scientist was able to rebut the theory that the Earth was flat by conducting experiments and collecting data.
- The politician gave a speech to rebut the accusations made by her opponent.
- The student tried to rebut his teacher's criticism of his essay by explaining his reasoning.
- The journalist wrote an article to rebut the false claims made by a popular conspiracy theory.
- The company issued a press release to rebut the negative reviews of their new product.
- The author wrote a book to rebut the popular misconceptions about his field of study.
- The athlete was able to rebut the critics who said he was too old to compete by winning a gold medal.
- The expert witness was called to rebut the testimony of the prosecution's witness.
- The scientists published a study to rebut the claims made by a group of climate change deniers.
How much does rebut score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing rebut scores 7 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is rebut worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word rebut in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say rebut? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write rebut? In our thesaurus we found there are 1 synonyms of rebut.
How may anagrams can you make from rebut?
There are 3 anagrams of rebut. These include :
There are 3 anagrams of rebut in total. See all anagrams of rebut
What words can you unscramble using the letters in rebut?
There are 29 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in rebut. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in rebut
What other words can be made from using the letters in rebut?
There are 2226 words that can be made from the letters in rebut. These include :
There are 2226 words that can be made from the letters in rebut. See all words that can be made from the letters in rebut