Refers Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of refers. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of refers. We also have lists of Words that end with refers, and words that start with refers.
What is refers? What does refers mean?
refers is usually defined as REFER, to direct to a source for help or information
Refers is the third person singular form of the verb "refer".
The verb "refer" means to direct someone to a source of information or to mention or allude to something or someone in speech or writing.
Here are some ways "refer" can be used:
- To direct someone's attention to a source of information or to recommend something:
- The librarian referred the student to the history section of the library.
- The doctor referred her patient to a specialist for further tests.
- I can refer you to a good restaurant in the area.
- To mention or allude to something or someone in speech or writing:
- The speaker referred to the recent election results in her speech.
- The article referred to a study conducted by Harvard University.
- He never referred to his ex-wife again.
- To assign a name or reference to something:
- The new discovery was referred to as a major breakthrough in the field.
- The book referred to the protagonist as a hero.
- The company's policy referred to employees as "associates".
Examples Using refers in a sentence
- The teacher referred her students to a website for additional resources.
- The witness referred to the defendant by name during the trial.
- The politician referred to the opposition party's recent actions in his speech.
- The article referred to the company's CEO as a visionary leader.
- The customer service representative referred me to the company's website for more information.
- The movie referred to real-life events that happened in the 1970s.
- The professor referred to a study conducted by his colleagues in his lecture.
- The journalist referred to an interview she had conducted with the actor.
- The book referred to the main character as a troubled soul with a heart of gold.
- The tour guide referred to the building as a historical landmark.
How much does refers score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing refers scores 9 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is refers worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word refers in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say refers? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write refers? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of refers.
How may anagrams can you make from refers?
There are 2 anagrams of refers. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of refers in total. See all anagrams of refers
What words can you unscramble using the letters in refers?
There are 46 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in refers. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in refers
What other words can be made from using the letters in refers?
There are 6196 words that can be made from the letters in refers. These include :
There are 6196 words that can be made from the letters in refers. See all words that can be made from the letters in refers