Ruff Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of ruff. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of ruff. We also have lists of Words that end with ruff, and words that start with ruff.
What is ruff? What does ruff mean?
ruff is usually defined as at bridge, to play a trump card when one cannot follow through
A "ruff" can refer to multiple things, depending on the context. Here are some possible meanings:
- A type of collar worn in the Elizabethan era, which was large and frilly.
- A European freshwater fish that belongs to the perch family.
- A small, low, continuous growl made by a dog, often as a warning or sign of aggression.
- A noisy or disorderly commotion or disturbance.
Examples Using ruff in a sentence
- The queen's gown was adorned with a beautiful ruff collar made of lace.
- While fishing in the lake, I caught a ruff that weighed over a pound.
- The dog gave a low ruff as a stranger approached the fence.
- The party next door was so loud that it caused a ruff in our own house.
- When the cat jumped on the table, the dog let out a ruff to show its disapproval.
- The ruff collar was a popular fashion statement among the wealthy in the 16th century.
- I had never heard of a ruff fish until I visited Europe last summer.
- The dog was trained to alert its owner with a ruff whenever the doorbell rang.
- The ruff of wind swept through the trees, making the leaves rustle and dance.
- The police were called to break up the ruff that had gathered outside the nightclub.
How much does ruff score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing ruff scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is ruff worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word ruff in Words With Friends, it scores 11 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 33 points.
What's another way to say ruff? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write ruff? In our thesaurus we found there are 5 synonyms of ruff. Some of these are:See all synonyms of ruff
How may anagrams can you make from ruff?
There are 0 anagrams of ruff.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in ruff?
There are 3 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in ruff. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in ruff
What other words can be made from using the letters in ruff?
There are 4504 words that can be made from the letters in ruff. These include :
There are 4504 words that can be made from the letters in ruff. See all words that can be made from the letters in ruff