Scaups Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of scaups. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of scaups. We also have lists of Words that end with scaups, and words that start with scaups.
What is scaups? What does scaups mean?
scaups is normally defined as SCAUP, to cut the scalp from
Scaups (sometimes referred to as "lesser scaups") are a type of diving duck found in North America. The word "scaup" is derived from the Norse word "skopa," meaning "dipper" or "scooper." Scaups are characterized by their rounded heads, short necks, and relatively large, paddle-shaped feet, which they use to propel themselves underwater.
There are two main species of scaup, the lesser scaup and the greater scaup, which are very similar in appearance and are often difficult to tell apart. Some of the different ways that the word "scaup" can be used include:
- To refer to either species of diving duck in the genus Aythya
- To describe the sound made by a scaup when taking off from the water ("scaup" is an onomatopoeic word that imitates this sound)
- To describe a dish made from the meat of a scaup duck (although this usage is relatively rare)
Examples Using scaups in a sentence
- The lake was full of scaups diving for food.
- The lesser scaup is slightly smaller than the greater scaup.
- The scaup's paddle-shaped feet are perfectly adapted for swimming and diving.
- As soon as we approached the pond, the scaups took off and flew away.
- The sound of the scaups taking off from the water echoed across the lake.
- I've never tried scaup before, but I've heard it's quite tasty.
- Scaups are known for their ability to dive to great depths in search of food.
- The ducks on the lake were a mix of scaups, mallards, and teal.
- During the winter, many scaups migrate to warmer regions in the southern United States.
- The male scaup has a distinctive purple head, while the female's head is brown.
How much does scaups score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing scaups scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is scaups worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word scaups in Words With Friends, it scores 13 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 39 points.
What's another way to say scaups? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write scaups? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of scaups.
How may anagrams can you make from scaups?
There are 1 anagrams of scaups. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of scaups in total. See all anagrams of scaups
What words can you unscramble using the letters in scaups?
There are 41 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in scaups. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in scaups
What other words can be made from using the letters in scaups?
There are 1552 words that can be made from the letters in scaups. These include :
There are 1552 words that can be made from the letters in scaups. See all words that can be made from the letters in scaups