Sinew Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of sinew. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of sinew. We also have lists of Words that end with sinew, and words that start with sinew.
What is sinew? What does sinew mean?
sinew is normally defined as to bind as if by sinews
Sinew refers to a tough, fibrous tissue that connects muscles to bones or other tissues in the body. It is a strong and flexible tissue that is made up of collagen fibers and helps to transmit force from muscles to bones.
Sinew can also refer to the source of strength or power, especially in a metaphorical sense.
Examples Using sinew in a sentence
- The hunter used the sinew of the deer he had killed to make a bowstring.
- The athlete pulled a sinew in his leg during the race.
- To make the soup, the chef boiled beef sinew for several hours to extract its flavor.
- The ship's ropes were made of sinew and were strong enough to withstand the storm.
- The old man's sinewy arms showed that he had worked hard his whole life.
- The sinew of the community was tested during the pandemic, but people came together to support each other.
- The singer's voice was the sinew that held the band's music together.
- The CEO was considered the sinew of the company, as his leadership and vision kept it moving forward.
- The author's words were the sinew of the story, as they brought the characters and plot to life.
- The soldiers relied on their sinew and training to carry out their mission.
How much does sinew score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing sinew scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is sinew worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word sinew in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say sinew? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write sinew? In our thesaurus we found there are 2 synonyms of sinew. Some of these are:See all synonyms of sinew
How may anagrams can you make from sinew?
There are 3 anagrams of sinew. These include :
There are 3 anagrams of sinew in total. See all anagrams of sinew
What words can you unscramble using the letters in sinew?
There are 33 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in sinew. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in sinew
What other words can be made from using the letters in sinew?
There are 1650 words that can be made from the letters in sinew. These include :
There are 1650 words that can be made from the letters in sinew. See all words that can be made from the letters in sinew