Stern Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of stern. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of stern. We also have lists of Words that end with stern, and words that start with stern.
What is stern? What does stern mean?
stern is usually defined as severe
The word "stern" has multiple meanings. It can be used to describe the back end of a boat or ship, or it can be used to describe a person's personality as being serious, strict, and lacking in humor.
- The back end of a boat or ship:
- The rear part of a boat or ship, opposite to the bow or prow.
- The part of the vessel where the steering mechanism and controls are situated.
- The part of a boat or ship where passengers are not usually permitted, as it can be dangerous in rough waters.
- Serious and unrelenting in attitude or expression.
- Strict or severe in discipline or control.
- Lacking humor or warmth; unfriendly or unapproachable.
Examples Using stern in a sentence
- The captain stood at the stern of the ship, scanning the horizon for any signs of danger.
- The waves crashed against the stern of the boat, causing it to rock back and forth.
- The helmsman steered the ship from the stern, using the rudder to change course.
- The stern of the boat was off-limits to passengers, as it was too dangerous to be there in rough seas.
- The teacher's stern tone made it clear that she would not tolerate any misbehavior in her class.
- The company's stern policy on punctuality meant that employees who were late were penalized.
- The judge gave the defendant a stern warning that any further disruptions in the courtroom would not be tolerated.
- The coach gave the players a stern lecture about the importance of teamwork and dedication.
- The CEO's stern demeanor made it clear that he was not to be trifled with.
- The father's stern expression conveyed his disappointment in his son's behavior.
How much does stern score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing stern scores 5 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is stern worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word stern in Words With Friends, it scores 6 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 18 points.
What's another way to say stern? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write stern? In our thesaurus we found there are 9 synonyms of stern. Some of these are:See all synonyms of stern
How may anagrams can you make from stern?
There are 3 anagrams of stern. These include :
There are 3 anagrams of stern in total. See all anagrams of stern
What words can you unscramble using the letters in stern?
There are 39 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in stern. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in stern
What other words can be made from using the letters in stern?
There are 15637 words that can be made from the letters in stern. These include :
There are 15637 words that can be made from the letters in stern. See all words that can be made from the letters in stern