Stroma Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of stroma. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of stroma. We also have lists of Words that end with stroma, and words that start with stroma.
What is stroma? What does stroma mean?
stroma is often defined as (Latin) a supporting framework of connecting tissue
Stroma can have different meanings depending on the context. Here are a few:
- In biology, stroma refers to the supportive tissue of an organ, gland, or other structure, usually composed of connective tissue cells and extracellular matrix. Examples include:
- The stroma of the eye: the layer of connective tissue that supports the iris and the lens.
- The stroma of the chloroplast: the fluid-filled space outside the thylakoid membrane in which the Calvin cycle takes place.
- In medical science, stroma refers to the supportive framework of a tissue or organ, as opposed to the parenchyma (the functional part). For instance:
- The stroma of the ovary: the connective tissue that supports the ovarian follicles.
- The stroma of the prostate: the fibrous tissue that supports the glandular tissue of the prostate.
- In geology, stroma refers to the finer-grained material in a rock, as opposed to the coarse-grained material (the matrix). This term is typically used for sedimentary rocks and can be used to infer depositional environments.
Examples Using stroma in a sentence
- The stroma of the liver contains blood vessels, lymphatic vessels, and connective tissue cells.
- The stroma of the pancreas is made up of fibrous tissue and blood vessels.
- The stroma of the cornea is responsible for its transparency.
- The stroma of the chloroplast is where carbon fixation occurs during photosynthesis.
- The stroma of the ovary provides a supportive environment for the developing oocytes.
- The stroma of the prostate is where prostate cancer can originate.
- The stroma of the lung is composed of elastic fibers and collagen.
- The stroma of sandstone can indicate the depositional environment of the rock.
- The stroma of limestone can be made up of calcite crystals or fossil fragments.
- The stroma of shale can be composed of clay minerals and organic matter.
How much does stroma score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing stroma scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is stroma worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word stroma in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say stroma? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write stroma? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of stroma.
How may anagrams can you make from stroma?
There are 2 anagrams of stroma. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of stroma in total. See all anagrams of stroma
What words can you unscramble using the letters in stroma?
There are 116 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in stroma. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in stroma
What other words can be made from using the letters in stroma?
There are 3306 words that can be made from the letters in stroma. These include :
There are 3306 words that can be made from the letters in stroma. See all words that can be made from the letters in stroma