Tally Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of tally. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of tally. We also have lists of Words that end with tally, and words that start with tally.
What is tally? What does tally mean?
tally is normally defined as to count up, reckon
Tally is a noun that refers to a record of a score, a count of items, or a record of a list of things. It can also be used as a verb to mean to count or record something. Here are some different ways the word "tally" can be used:
- A record of a score, count of items, or list of things
- A mark that is used to keep a record of a score or count
- A label that is attached to an item to keep track of it
- A total of the number of things counted or recorded
- To add up a total or count of something
- To keep a record of something
- To compare two sets of records to make sure they match
- To mark or label something as counted or recorded
Examples Using tally in a sentence
- The teacher kept a tally of the number of students who completed their homework.
- The basketball team kept a tally of the points they scored in each game.
- She placed a tally on the board for each item they sold at the bake sale.
- The tally showed that they had sold 50 cupcakes and 30 cookies.
- They tallied up the votes to determine the winner of the election.
- He used a notebook to tally the number of steps he took each day.
- The cashier tallied up the cost of the items in the shopping cart.
- They had to tally their inventory to make sure they had enough supplies.
- The accountant tallied the company's profits and losses for the year.
- The surveyor tallied the number of trees in the forest to determine how much wood they could harvest.
How much does tally score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing tally scores 8 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is tally worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word tally in Words With Friends, it scores 9 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 27 points.
What's another way to say tally? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write tally? In our thesaurus we found there are 6 synonyms of tally. Some of these are:See all synonyms of tally
How may anagrams can you make from tally?
There are 0 anagrams of tally.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in tally?
There are 14 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in tally. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in tally
What other words can be made from using the letters in tally?
There are 6552 words that can be made from the letters in tally. These include :
There are 6552 words that can be made from the letters in tally. See all words that can be made from the letters in tally