Tilde Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of tilde. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of tilde. We also have lists of Words that end with tilde, and words that start with tilde.
What is tilde? What does tilde mean?
tilde is normally defined as (Spanish) the diacritical sign used over n in Spanish to indicate the sound ny
A tilde is a diacritical mark (~) used in some languages, such as Spanish and Portuguese, as a mark of accent on a vowel, or over the letter n to indicate palatalization. It also has other uses in mathematics, computing, and music.
- Used to indicate nasalization of a vowel in Portuguese and other languages.
- Used as a mark of accent on a vowel in Spanish and other languages.
- Used over the letter "n" to indicate palatalization in Spanish and other languages.
- Used to represent the home directory in Unix and Unix-like operating systems.
- Used in regular expressions to match a specific pattern.
- Used in file names to indicate a backup file.
- Used to indicate an approximate value.
- Used to denote a congruence relation.
- Used to indicate a change in pitch or volume.
Examples Using tilde in a sentence
- In Spanish, the word "mañana" is pronounced with a tilde over the second "n".
- The tilde over the letter "a" in the word "cliché" indicates that it should be pronounced with an accent.
- The file "example.txt~" is a backup file created by the text editor.
- The regular expression "/\w+~/g" matches all words that end with a tilde.
- The home directory in Unix systems is represented by the tilde character.
- The tilde in the equation "pi ≈ 3.14~" indicates that 3.14 is an approximate value of pi.
- In modular arithmetic, "a ≡ b (mod n)" means that a and b have the same remainder when divided by n, denoted by a tilde over the equal sign.
- The pitch of the note is indicated by the tilde over the note in sheet music.
- The volume of the music gradually increases as indicated by the tilde symbol.
- The Portuguese word "pão" is pronounced with a nasalized "a" indicated by the tilde over the letter "a".
How much does tilde score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing tilde scores 6 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is tilde worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word tilde in Words With Friends, it scores 7 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 21 points.
What's another way to say tilde? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write tilde? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of tilde.
How may anagrams can you make from tilde?
There are 2 anagrams of tilde. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of tilde in total. See all anagrams of tilde
What words can you unscramble using the letters in tilde?
There are 47 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in tilde. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in tilde
What other words can be made from using the letters in tilde?
There are 4919 words that can be made from the letters in tilde. These include :
There are 4919 words that can be made from the letters in tilde. See all words that can be made from the letters in tilde