Timbre Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of timbre. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of timbre. We also have lists of Words that end with timbre, and words that start with timbre.
What is timbre? What does timbre mean?
timbre is often defined as the quality given to a sound by its overtones, also TAMBER
Timbre refers to the characteristic quality of a sound that distinguishes it from other sounds of the same pitch and volume. It is also known as tone color or tone quality. Timbre is determined by the shape of the sound wave and the harmonics produced by an instrument or a voice. Different instruments or voices can produce the same pitch and volume, but they will have a different timbre.
Examples Using timbre in a sentence
- The timbre of her voice was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes.
- The timbre of the guitar in that song is so distinctive that you can recognize it right away.
- The timbre of the violin is very different from that of the cello, even though they can play the same notes.
- The timbre of his laughter was infectious and made everyone in the room laugh too.
- The timbre of the saxophone gives jazz music its characteristic sound.
- The timbre of the oboe is often described as bright and piercing.
- The timbre of the trumpet is very brassy and bold.
- The timbre of her singing voice was so unique that she became a famous pop star.
- The timbre of the church bell was so sweet and melodious that it was a joy to hear.
- The timbre of the harp is often described as ethereal and heavenly.
How much does timbre score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing timbre scores 10 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is timbre worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word timbre in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say timbre? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write timbre? In our thesaurus we found there are 4 synonyms of timbre. Some of these are:See all synonyms of timbre
How may anagrams can you make from timbre?
There are 2 anagrams of timbre. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of timbre in total. See all anagrams of timbre
What words can you unscramble using the letters in timbre?
There are 60 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in timbre. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in timbre
What other words can be made from using the letters in timbre?
There are 714 words that can be made from the letters in timbre. These include :
There are 714 words that can be made from the letters in timbre. See all words that can be made from the letters in timbre