Verism Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of verism. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of verism. We also have lists of Words that end with verism, and words that start with verism.
What is verism? What does verism mean?
verism is often defined as realism in art or literature, also VERISMO
Verism is the artistic preference of contemporary everyday subject matter instead of idealized or romanticized themes. It is often associated with the classical period of Roman art.
Examples Using verism in a sentence
- The portrait artist chose to focus on verism, portraying his subjects in a realistic and unflattering manner.
- Verism became popular in the early 20th century, as artists sought to capture the everyday struggles of common people.
- Many critics praised the verism movement for its honest and raw depictions of real life.
- The artists of the verism movement often used muted colors and simple compositions.
- One of the most famous examples of verism is the statue of Augustus of Prima Porta, which portrays the emperor with realistic features and clothing.
- Some artists combined elements of verism and idealism, creating works that were both realistic and aspirational.
- Verism has been used in a variety of mediums, including painting, sculpture, and photography.
- The verism movement was often criticized for its lack of imagination and focus on the mundane.
- Despite its critics, verism remains an important artistic movement that has influenced countless artists throughout history.
- Many contemporary artists continue to explore the themes and techniques of verism in their work.
How much does verism score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing verism scores 11 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is verism worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word verism in Words With Friends, it scores 13 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 39 points.
What's another way to say verism? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write verism? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of verism.
How may anagrams can you make from verism?
There are 1 anagrams of verism. These include :
There are 1 anagrams of verism in total. See all anagrams of verism
What words can you unscramble using the letters in verism?
There are 68 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in verism. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in verism
What other words can be made from using the letters in verism?
There are 615 words that can be made from the letters in verism. These include :
There are 615 words that can be made from the letters in verism. See all words that can be made from the letters in verism