Virga Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of virga. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of virga. We also have lists of Words that end with virga, and words that start with virga.
What is virga? What does virga mean?
virga is usually defined as (Latin) a trail of water-drops coming from cloud but not reaching the ground as precipitation
Virga is a meteorological term used to describe the precipitation that falls from a cloud but evaporates or sublimates before reaching the ground. It appears as streaks of precipitation that hang from the bottom of a cloud but never hit the earth's surface. Virga is a phenomenon that occurs in arid and semi-arid regions, where the relative humidity near the ground is very low, and the air is hot and dry. It has been observed in different forms and colors depending on the altitude, temperature, and the type of cloud. Here are some common types of virga:
- Dry virga: It is the most common type of virga, which appears as a gray or white streak of precipitation falling from the cloud.
- Wet virga: It is a type of virga that falls as rain but evaporates before it reaches the ground.
- Ice virga: It is a type of virga that is composed of ice particles. It appears as a white or blue streak of precipitation falling from the cloud.
Examples Using virga in a sentence
- The sky was filled with dark clouds, and I could see virga hanging from the bottom of the clouds.
- The forecast said it would rain, but all we got was virga.
- The pilots were warned about the presence of virga in the area, which could cause turbulence.
- The photographer captured a stunning picture of virga hanging from the clouds at sunset.
- The desert landscape was dotted with virga in the distance.
- The storm was intense, and the virga appeared in different colors of the rainbow.
- The rancher knew that the virga was a sign of a coming storm, and he took his cattle to safety.
- The hiker was fascinated by the virga, which was a rare sight in her hometown.
- The meteorologist explained how virga forms and its impact on the weather.
- The artist painted a magnificent landscape with virga hanging from the clouds in the background.
How much does virga score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing virga scores 9 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is virga worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word virga in Words With Friends, it scores 11 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 33 points.
What's another way to say virga? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write virga? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of virga.
How may anagrams can you make from virga?
There are 0 anagrams of virga.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in virga?
There are 24 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in virga. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in virga
What other words can be made from using the letters in virga?
There are 1118 words that can be made from the letters in virga. These include :
There are 1118 words that can be made from the letters in virga. See all words that can be made from the letters in virga