Wedges Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of wedges. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of wedges. We also have lists of Words that end with wedges, and words that start with wedges.
What is wedges? What does wedges mean?
wedges is often defined as WEDGE, to force apart with wood or metal
A wedge is a simple machine that is used to push two objects apart from each other. The shape of a wedge is usually a triangular prism that is wide at one end and pointed at the other end. Wedges are used in a variety of applications such as construction, woodworking, and medical procedures.
Some different ways that wedges can be used are:
- Separating objects: Wedges can be used to separate two objects that are stuck together. The wedge is inserted between the objects and then hammered or pushed in to create enough space for the objects to be pulled apart.
- Holding objects: Wedges can be used to hold objects in place. For example, a doorstop is a wedge that is placed under a door to prevent it from closing.
- Cutting: Wedges can be used to cut objects. For example, an axe is a wedge that is used to chop wood.
- Splitting: Wedges can be used to split objects. For example, a log splitter is a machine that uses a wedge to split logs into smaller pieces.
- Tightening: Wedges can be used to tighten objects. For example, a shim is a wedge that is used to level or stabilize objects.
Examples Using wedges in a sentence
- The carpenter used a wedge to separate the two boards that were stuck together.
- She used a wedge to hold open the door while she carried in the groceries.
- He used a wedge to cut through the thick rope.
- The lumberjack used an axe, which is a type of wedge, to chop down the tree.
- The chef used a wedge to slice the lemon into thin pieces.
- The rock climber used a wedge to anchor himself to the side of the cliff.
- The dentist used a wedge to hold open the patient's mouth during the procedure.
- The mechanic used a wedge to keep the car from rolling while he changed the tire.
- The farmer used a log splitter, which is a machine that uses a wedge, to split the firewood.
- The construction worker used a shim, which is a type of wedge, to level the foundation of the building.
How much does wedges score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing wedges scores 11 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is wedges worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word wedges in Words With Friends, it scores 12 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 36 points.
What's another way to say wedges? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write wedges? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of wedges.
How may anagrams can you make from wedges?
There are 0 anagrams of wedges.
What words can you unscramble using the letters in wedges?
There are 41 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in wedges. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in wedges
What other words can be made from using the letters in wedges?
There are 197 words that can be made from the letters in wedges. These include :
There are 197 words that can be made from the letters in wedges. See all words that can be made from the letters in wedges