Weta Scrabble Word Score, Definitions + More
Love word games? Check the definition and popular synonyms of weta. Find all the anagrams, permutations and unscrambles of weta. We also have lists of Words that end with weta, and words that start with weta.
What is weta? What does weta mean?
weta is usually defined as (Maori) a large New Zealand grasshopper
Weta is a flightless insect that belongs to the family of Orthoptera. It is also known as "wētā" in Māori language. These insects are found only in New Zealand and have a unique appearance. There are around 70 different species of weta, and they vary in size from less than an inch to almost 4 inches in length.
Here are some different ways weta can be used:
- Weta has a hard exoskeleton and spiny legs, which makes them look quite intimidating.
- They are nocturnal and are mostly found in dark and damp places, such as caves, trees, and rocky areas.
- Weta is an omnivorous insect and feeds on a variety of things, including fruits, plants, other insects, and even small animals such as lizards.
- Some species of weta are endangered and are protected by the New Zealand government.
- Weta have a unique defense mechanism where they can play dead when they feel threatened.
Examples Using weta in a sentence
- I went on a night hike in New Zealand and saw a giant weta on a tree.
- Weta are one of the heaviest insects in the world.
- The Māori people consider weta to be a taonga (treasure) and a sign of good luck.
- Weta can jump up to three feet in the air, even though they are flightless.
- The spiny legs of weta are used for gripping and climbing on rough surfaces.
- Some species of weta have a lifespan of up to 2 years.
- Weta can survive for months without food or water.
- The giant weta is one of the largest insects in the world and can weigh up to 70 grams.
- Weta are often used as a symbol of New Zealand's unique wildlife.
- The population of weta is declining due to habitat loss and the introduction of invasive species.
How much does weta score in a game of Scrabble?
Playing weta scores 7 points in a game of Scrabble. This assumes no use of double or triple word or letter multipliers, and no wildcards
How many points is weta worth in Words With Friends?
If you play the word weta in Words With Friends, it scores 7 points. Playing on a triple word score, this would be 21 points.
What's another way to say weta? What are its synonyms?
How else can you write weta? In our thesaurus we found there are 0 synonyms of weta.
How may anagrams can you make from weta?
There are 2 anagrams of weta. These include :
There are 2 anagrams of weta in total. See all anagrams of weta
What words can you unscramble using the letters in weta?
There are 25 words that can be unscrambled or created from the letters in weta. These include :all the words you can create from the letters in weta
What other words can be made from using the letters in weta?
There are 2078 words that can be made from the letters in weta. These include :
There are 2078 words that can be made from the letters in weta. See all words that can be made from the letters in weta